Thursday, July 13, 2006

More Pictures

Here we are with Amy, the Godmother

The minister with Avery and Nicole. Errrr, Rachel. Wait! I mean, Rebecca.



I need to clarify something from my last entry. The minister that I grew up with in this church, and who married John and I, retired last month. That is why this new guy had no idea who we were!

I still haven't solved my tech problems. These are my mother in law's pictures. Thank goodness for digital! If anyone else has any pictures, please, send them to me! My camera is on my last nerves and I can't seem to see any of the beautiful pictures I took of everyone!

We are about to leave Texas to return to Alaska. I feel like the time went way too fast and we did not have nearly enough time with anyone!

We had a big gathering at my parents' house after the baptism ceremony.
There were about 30 people there, some watching the World Cup, others chatting and drinking wine. Becca helped me pour. She really wanted to put the wine bottle in her mouth, but I figured I should at least get her out of her baptism gown before I started doling out the wine, steak knives and heroin to her.


Does anyone notice anything weird about my eyes in all these pictures? Despite all appearances I didn't have a plastic surgery nightmare. I had pinkeye. Or something. I'm not really sure. I went to the STUPID urgent care center again. Somehow I only have to go to a doctor when I'm away from home, and/or a military base. He told me it was pinkeye. But, then a few days later I started having weird sinus and allergy stuff, and I'm wondering if it wasn't just some kind of weird sinus/allergy thing. Anyway...I'm really thrilled that I look all squinty and puffy and red in all these pictures! I'm also here to report that the urgent care centers in Austin still SUCK and don't take Tricare. Bitches.

5 comments:

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Great pictures. I did notice your eye but I thought you had been crying. You know, a proud emotional mom moment.

Lysandra said...

I do miss you and your riotous sense of humor. In one word for Katie:riot. Sorry about your nasty eye.

Angie said...

When I had pinkeye, it was accompanied by cold type symptoms. The doc told me that they go together, since pinkeye is usually a viral thing. But, who knows??

I loved the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning about Austin docs. Hopefully I won't have to find out for myself.

See you when you get back.

april said...

you poor thing! pink eye sucks!