Monday, January 08, 2007

Still Here, Still Warm, Still Dreading the Plane Trip Back, and PLEASE get that drunk Meez off the page!


We only have a few days left in Texas and, boy howdy, are we ever cramming it all in--cramming it all in my mouth, that is! I've been eating my body weight in sour cream chicken enchiladas in queso verde sauce, fajita nachos, Schlotsky's, Taco Cabana....all the goodies that are unavailable in Alaska! In fact, I think I'll crack open a Shiner right now.


John is having a whee of a taking a blow dryer to frozen pipes, getting flat tires (one on EACH car) and other fun things that happen at 40 below when you're at home alone. I should know, because usually it is happening to me. When he was serving in Iraq in 2003, I was home dealing with a flooded basement (that might have been caused by me trying to bathe a certain pain-in-the-ass dog), termites and a mice infestation (that may have involved me reaching into the dog food with my hands and pulling out a dead mouse. Seriously. IN MY HAND!) But, poor John sounds rather grumpy to be there, alone, in the dark, in the cold with only a moody Golden Retriever for company, while I am frolicking about in the sunshine.


Ahhhh! Sunshine! We met my friend, Meg, and her daughter, Taylor, and their dog, Parker Posey, at Zilker Park in Austin last week. It was so wonderful. The weather was as perfect as it ever gets and Becca really enjoyed running around after Taylor and Parker. It was so shocking to see her getting dirty and sweaty and trying to keep up with the big kids. She is definitely not a baby anymore, and the great thing is that I'm okay with that now. She is just getting better and better!

5 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so envious of the sunshine! I was looking through summer pictures this weekend and wishing for weather warm enough to go outside all year (without 5 layers.)

Jen said...

Sounds like you're having a great time! Becca looks so grown up, and it even looks like she's running in that last photo. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Have a safe flight back.

Anonymous said...

kates - safe travels home.
bevo - i'm so depressed. hold me.
susan - apparently, i need to go buy a headband. (already have the pearls, of course.)

Anonymous said...

Buckeye,

I feel your pain. Those dirty 'gators shouldn't be allowed to leave their rotten swamps. I would hold you, but my (Long) horns might gore your (Buck) eye out!

Hang in there! Bevo