Wednesday, February 28, 2007

End of the Affair

Dear McDonald's,
I am breaking up with you. Our two year love affair is over. I thought we would be together forever, so deep was my love for you. But, I realized last night that ours was just a quickie drive-through affair. Intense, but short-lived. When, last night, I tried to get to know the real you, I realized it isn't meant to be.

Last night I saw who you truly are--all the vile, disrespectful, greasy, dirty parts of you. I didn't like it. Why didn't you have any clean tables? And, why did you hire someone who rubs his crotch up against the counter and cup dispenser while taking our order? And, really. REALLY. Why do you allow your employees to wander around when off-duty in tanktops, hairy armpits totally hanging out over the french fries? And, for the love of God, what is this?


You call this a Happy Meal toy? A scary looking blobby creature who makes farting noises? That did it. And don't try to entice me back with your french fry aromas, either.

Sincerely,
Katie

15 comments:

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Oh my god!Is that a penis?

Anonymous said...

I'm addicted to crackburgers from McDonalds. The $1 Double cheeseburgers. I eat 4 at one sitting.

Katie said...

Jamie! HA! I don't THINK it is a penis....but now that you mention it.....

A farting penis. Lovely.

Andrea and Ben said...

Ewwww! A farting penis, now I have read it all! Girl, I commend you for seeing the light. Truly, don't go back, Mickey D's will only mistreat you in the end.....stay away!!!

The Quinn Report said...

It does look like a penis!

Anonymous said...

Not to mention the calories and saturated fat content...

Angie said...

I thought it was a penis, too!!!!

molly said...

Another vote for a penis, here.

Lysandra said...

you will be back....I have never seen a gray penis! I don't know where ya'll are all looking but they are not suppose to be gray!

Anonymous said...

I thought my gray penis WAS normal...sorry Katie I thought all guys had gray penis'

Kelly said...

A penis with a face on it...I would be scared! I'm with ya Katie, I get sucked into Mc D's trance and before you know it I've been through the drive-thru window and finishing a cheeseburger meal.

Jen said...

If they have In N Out Burgers (does that go with the penis theme, anyone?) in Baltimore, you will never go back to MacDonalduh's.

Joel and Angela said...

I don't know what it is about that place!!! My kids prefer it over Wendy's! And Wendy's clearly has better nuggets and better toys! Love the letter! Made me laugh!
A

A Goldsworthy Note said...

Totally a penis. A penis with a face...I haven't been to McDonald's in a long time...what other phallic toys are the selling there?

Sioux said...

PENIS!!!


...just had to keep this convo going...