Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Light Returns

Sunset as seen from our front stairs

It is so much lighter these days. As always, the beauty of Alaska astounds me on a daily basis. I love looking out the windows in my house--from every window, we can only see trees!
It has been very warm lately. As warm as 30 degrees even! And, believe me, after subzero temperatures, that feels very warm. Becca still doesn't like going out in the snow. I am not sure if it is because she is so overly bundled up, or what. However, she just stands there. Won't walk, won't sit. Doesn't like the sled. Not impressed.




Can we go inside now, Mom?
Also, could you get me some REAL boots? GOSH!

5 comments:

Angie said...

I can't believe she doesn't like the sled. Ashlyn loves to be outside, though. Boots might help :)

Erin said...

30 degrees! Time to break out the sun screen and bbq pit!

You gave me some good ideas for toddler foods. I am having a hard time lately feeding my (also verocious-eating) toddler who is suddenly PICKY. ???. Lately he favors baby foods all over again. He wants a cracker in his hand and me to spoon feed him baby food.

Is that normal? Should I even care?

The Quinn Report said...

Are you going to miss Alaska? I shed a tear over it every single day!
I took all the wonderful things AK has to offer for granted while I was
there. I wish I was still there.

You and Becca look so cute together!

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Love the picture of you two. Your eyes are beautiful.

Andrea and Ben said...

I love that you give Becca a Napolean Dynamite tone in that last pic....hilarious! Beautiful pictures.....they make me miss Alaska.