Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Obsession is Genetic

Becca's purse collection:
My purse collection (part of it):
Before you start thinking I'm rich with all those brand name purses, you should know I'm not, and they're not. These are my prized Korean knock-offs. My preciousesssss (what is precious plural?) When we lived in Korea, I honestly used to dream about purses and wake up to go buy one. I probably bought at least 50 for myself, and others for gifts. It was a sick, sick obsession. I have only bought one purse since we left Korea in 2004. One purse in THREE years! That is just about a lifelong record of purse drought for me. Now I wake up dreaming about TexMex food.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

I think it was probably a good thing you went to Korea and got all of those purses. Can you imagine going purse shopping in Alaska?
I have just started getting rid of the Korea purses(I left in early 2003) I figure I don't feel as guilty about buying a purse if all of those aren't in the closet!

Anonymous said...

It's genetic.

Your great grandfather, grandfather, grandmother, uncle, and your first-cousin once-removed all were in the purse business! What's more, they imported purses that mimicked Coach and other brandnames - so the fake stuff runs rampant in your family!

Hook 'Em!

Anonymous said...

Who is your coach?

Andrea and Ben said...

There is nothing like purse shopping in Korea. I do love a good knock off and it looks like you scored some nice ones!!!

Angie said...

Becca (and Ashlyn) own more purses than I do.

Erin said...

I have the opposite problem when it comes to purses. I have used the same ONE purse for the past 8 years. I only have one and I can't bring myself to replace it. I just run it through the washing machine & it's good as new.

I am so frumpy sometimes.

Jen said...

I can't believe you've bought so few purses since Korea!! I love that Becca inherited your gene.

I don't think I have the purse obsession, but Kate does love her Kate Spade purses I have gifted to her!

The Quinn Report said...

I LOVE PURSES TOO!!!

PURSES AND SHOES---OH ME, OH MY!!

joanna said...

I have a hard time getting ride of purses because I keep thinking my girls will want to play with them sometime... but i guess that sometime is now and if they aren't using them and i'm not using them then I should probably thin them out... especially since now I hardly ever carry a cute handbag. It's a sack of junk!