Thursday, November 29, 2007

Funny Girl

For a while, whenever Becca heard classical music, she would suddenly raise both arms up over her head as though making a "touchdown" sign. It kind of looked like something you'd see in a revival tent. It freaked me out.

Then she went through a phase where she said "I'm tired" when she wanted to get out of doing something. "Becca, it is time to put your toys away!" She would answer, "No. I'm tired." Except, it sounded like this, "No. I'm TARD."


Whenever she sees an airplane, or hears the word airplane, or sees a picture of an airplane she yells out, "I RIDE it! I RIDE it!" Usually she scampers off to get her rolling Elmo backpack and demands to be taken to the airport.

She demands "HAP NO!" everytime we get in the car. Of course, she is requesting her favorite song, "If you're happy and you know it...." One car ride we listened to that one song over and over for 90 minutes. I am so sick of that song.


She has been so Barney obsessed that everyone has been buying her Barney stuff...videos, toys. She has about 10 Barney DVDs now. I am excited because we now have so much variety. All her birthday gifts for next week are Barney. And, of course, this week she has decided she prefers Dora. I have decided they are both equally annoying. Dora spends her entire life YELLING in this high pitched voice and her songs suck. Barney's songs are good, but his voice is irritating. No win for Mommy.

The other day I asked her if she wanted to have a birthday party. She said, "No." I then asked if she wanted birthday cake. She said, "YES! BIRKAY CAKE!" She's getting both.

She says, "I don't have to," when told to do something. Her dad loves that one.

She puts herself in Time Out. She LOVES time out. She also spanks herself and says, "No No, Decca!" Lovely. Easy child to discipline, that one.

She will say, "I don't like that" when I give her something she doesn't want. It cracks me up to see her take a bite of something and say, "I don't like that cheese," to no one in particular, and neatly place it on the table a specified distance from her plate. Canyon is sad that it no longer gets tossed overboard.

She loves "helping" me cook. I can't even go in the kitchen anymore without her dragging a kitchen chair after me and climbing up to see what she can sample. Last night she was "helping" me and eating feta cheese, kalamata olives and red bell pepper. I couldn't believe she didn't spit any of it out!

It is hard to believe she is going to be two! Life just keeps getting better and better.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Awww! Great Becca stories! She is adorable. Totally adorable.

Also, Calum does the same thing with Time Out. He puts himself there and doesn't seem to mind it when we put him there also. Hmmm. I wonder if that's very effective? Sort of seems to miss the point, doesn't it?

joanna said...

She's too cute. And her eyes are SO blue! What a personality!

Tracy said...

I don't even know where to begin to comment on this. Unbelivable post! Re read this email when you want to kick her to the curb. It will make you smile. Also, could you come write on for each of my girls for me?

Tess said...

AD is into that If You're Happy and You Know It song too. It's tolerable only because during the last verse, where you "shout hooray", she lifts her arms over her head in the touchdown pose and yells "YAY"!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is going to be 2 either!!!

Jen said...

What fun stories! I love them!

Kate seems to enjoy time out, too. I sort of wish she hated it. You know? Because what else can you do?

I love her blue eyes. How can you stay mad at a girl with baby blues like those? Sigh.

Angie said...

We have to listen to Mermaid songs in the car. I don't know why I ever pulled out that cd. Of course, we also have to watch The Little Mermaid and read the book everyday as well. Actually, the reading is more than once a day.

Becca is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Raising her arms when she hears classical music? Obviously, she was conducting. Could it be genetic? I've seen her great-gramma Grace conduct when Charles plays the piano.

Love,
(Great) Aunt Linda