Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is my favorite holiday of the year, and by FAR my favorite meal of the year. I absolutely cannot eat enough piles of turkey, gravy, stuffing/dressing, mashed potatoes and cranberries. That is all I require. No more, no less. Keep your desserts. Keep your vegetables. Just bring me those five things, and keep it coming!

We have already celebrated Thanksgiving once, on Tuesday night. John had to leave to work on Wednesday, so we had a full Thanksgiving meal on Tuesday and the leftovers last night. And, I am STILL not done eating that yumminess. I am ready to gorge again today. You know how many calories are in the average Thanksgiving meal? Me neither, but a little bit of me shudders when I think I will eat about THREE of those meals in three days!

Poor John will be in Jackson, Mississippi tonight. I really wish he were here. But, since it is Thanksgiving, I will say that I am so thankful to be married to him and so thankful that he is getting settled and enjoying his new career. I am thankful for our wonderful families. I am thankful for Becca and thankful she isn't sick like she was last year. I am also thankful that I won't have to be cleaning up frozen-to-bursting cokes from my walls this year and that I got to watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade. I am thankful we live closer to our families. And, lastly, I am thankful that Becca...Just...Climbed....Out....Of....Her....Crib!! WHAT? No! NO NO NO! I am NOT thankful for that!

9 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad you're with family this year. That is always a wonderful thing.

Unknown said...

Isn't Thanksgiving wonderful? Enjoy all those eats and the family time. Thought we were going to have a 'sick' Thanksgiving...but today little man is better (started recovery yesterday) so we're off to some friends for yumminess of our own once he's up from nap. When are you all headed out our way?

Tracy said...

Seriously, Becca just climbed out??? Oh crap, you are in for it now. Miss you, Happy Thanksgiving!

Andrea and Ben said...

I would tell you how many calories, but I think I will feel to guilty "saying" it and head out for a run right now!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had so many yummy Thanksgiving meals. I love thanksgiving, too, and am thankful I'm not a turkey.

Big game today! We'll be watching it on TV with friends.

Hook 'Em!

Anonymous said...

We missed you, John, Becca and Susan on Thanksgiving. Poor Susan had to work, and then came home to an empty apartment. Here's the song we made up for her to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...

Dear, dear Susan
We miss you!
Hope you're liking your tofu
We in Texas eat real meat
Go UT you can't be beat
If you want to join the fun
Hurry quick we're almost done.

Anonymous said...

BTW, Susan. I am glad you are a vegetarian!

Joel and Angela said...

OOOO...stuck in Jackson. fun.
And Becca climbing out of her crib is a bummer. Once Luke figured that out we had to put him in a toddler bed. And now he will climb out of a pac-n-play which is just fun for him and he thinks it's a game! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

I saw a news show the other day about eating healthy at Thanksgiving (as in how to have a low-cal Thanksgiving - who does that?) and the nutritionist stated that we eat an average of 7,000 calories on Thanksgiving Day. That would mean that I should be full for three or four days, right????