Thursday, November 08, 2007

I Win the Procrastination Award

Thank you! I accept this award in the name of all my fellow procrastinators who live amongst moving boxes and in unfinished rooms. I'll be right back to finish my speech in just a moment. I need to quick check my email.

So, last night I decided maybe I should finish unpacking the basement. I started dumping box contents out on the floor. "The Varmie" had a field day and even broke one of my favorite beer glasses. Now the basement looks like this, except worse because I couldn't get it all in one frame.

The good news is this: Jo Anne and Jim are coming to stay with us in early December! Woooot! Now I have a deadline! I will have the bathroom painted. I will have the basement unpacked. I will have the rest of the pictures hung on the walls. I will have the play kitchen (that Jo Anne bought for Becca last AUGUST) assembled. I will. I will. I will.

But, I don't have to start just yet. We still have a few weeks.

**Update: Omigod. What have I done NOW? They say it gets worse before it gets better, right? At least one of us is having fun.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe you do win the award. And may I ask what Becca is doing in that last picture? Looks like she's doing a shot and after the Korea post....

Katie said...

HAAAAAAA! I think she was doing a shot of water out of my soon-to-be-broken beer glass. Lovely.

Tracy said...

Since you have a few weeks, maybe you should abandon you current projects and come to my basement for a little procratination party!!

Jen said...

A basement. I want a basement! Then I could put all our random boxes and all the plastic kids toys down there OUT OF SIGHT.

Good luck getting it all done. Procrastination is wonderful, and hard to give up.

Andrea and Ben said...

Look at Becca helping! Playing inside the box is heling right? I miss having a basement, ours was totally our junk place in AK!

Angie said...

We are in the midst of junk right now as well. It is probably for the best that Allen is in the field, because he would not understand that my quilt is the priority, not finishing unpacking and cleaning.