Monday, December 17, 2007

Not Nor'East Enough

The big massive SNOWSTORM BLIZZARD MASSIVE FRONT '07 that hit everyone across the entire country seems to have bypassed us. We just got rain and a lot of wind. I hate wind. Wind is stupid. Wind does not count as a fun winter storm. No. Wind just counts as a lot of racket that keeps me awake at night.

The babysitter worked out well this weekend. Lately Becca doesn't even cry when I leave, which is a major step in the right direction. One small step for Becca, one giant burden off Mama!

The Messiah Sing-A-Long was.....well.....okay. We were sporatically assigned seats throughout the audience and told to just blend in and sing. Which, was a good idea except that....most people really don't know the Messiah (members of the chorus included). I recognize a lot of it and I know a few key parts, but really...the majority is foreign--with lots of little, leeetle, teeeeny fast notes. So, it was totally fun to get out and hear the soloists and the beautiful orchestra music. The director was funny and witty. I think the chorus members were a little unimpressed, but the audience was involved and seemed to be having fun.

I settled on the Cosco Ventura Booster. (Thank you for that recommendation, Tracy!) It was under 60 bucks at Wal-Mart and is way lighter than the Britax Roundabout currently in our possesion. Plus, it has a cup holder. Score one for the little person!

So, overall, the weekend was a success! John is on reserve, but hasn't been called in. So, we spent a lot of time looking at each other today and saying, "you're totally getting paid right now!" That is definitely nice. Becca and I went to the library today, which she loved. She came home with a pile of 10 books. That makes bedtime nicer for me, too, because I get totally sick of reading the same books over and over and over. She has a decent selection, but she just picks out the same ones night after night! John is actually putting her to bed right now, while I am drinking a Sam Adams Winter Ale and blogging. Life sure can be good at times.

6 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

Glad to hear that John gets to have some time at home around the holidays!

joanna said...

Glad Tracy gave you good carseat advice! Where was she when I needed that? I've bought more carseats than I've needed in life and haven't Loved any of them. I just know I hate the ones with the funky buckle you have to join together before inserting in the bottom piece. Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend!

Angie said...

I wish that Ashlyn would request something to different to read. We read her "princess" book ALL DAY LONG. And, usually only Cinderella, with the occasionally variation. I don't even like the book.

Andrea and Ben said...

Mmmmm, winter ale - sounds good!

Anonymous said...

We love,love,love our local library. Check out the video selection too - we don't own many DVD's for Hannah but we cycle through several from the library. It's easy on us since we're not listening to the same Elmo's world episodes forever, and it's free - yippee!

Jen said...

Time home with family around the holidays; you probably didn't think that would happen this year!

I am also tired of Kate's book selections. I am now grabbing a stack of my choosing, and reading all of them - like 6 or 7. That way she is so impressed that we're reading so many that she doesn't complain that they aren't the ones she wants.