Thursday, December 20, 2007

Simple Pleasures

Today for breakfast, Becca and I had waffles, spread with peanut butter, drizzled with syrup and sprinkled with toasted slivered almonds. Yum.

Last night for dinner we had a meal I haven't had in years. And I used to LOVE it (mostly in college). It really brought me back in time and tasted so delicious. It was canned Chicken Noodle Soup, served with saltines and sharp cheddar cheese. And you have to drink orange juice with it. So simple. So pleasing!

5 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Sounds much better than steak for breakfast. Keep eating those chickens! Cheese is OK, too, since bovines are nurtured, not killed, to provide you with dairy products.

Hook 'Em!

april said...

i remember laying in my hospital bed staring at you all happy and walking around when i really thought i was dying. i even remember the look on my mothers face when i flipped the nurse off after she told me i couldnt have anymore drugs and i needed to walk around... oh gee it just makes me want to do it all over again LOL

Erin said...

Pancakes and waffles are some of my favorite foods of all time. Yum!

We eat canned chicken noodle almost every week. With a ton of saltine crackers, it's great. Although I really like the Chunky Campbells version, which is TOO EXPENSIVE FOR DAMN SOUP. On sale, it's like $2.65/can. Whoa. But so totally worth it. But also too expensive. But delicious and worth every penny. You see my dilemma?

Tracy said...

There is a chocolate company that I used to love. They stores went out of buisness, but it is still online. I just got my order today. Ahh, the memories it brought back.

Oh and Randy had a rum and Coke tonight, I think I drank Jamaica out of rum on our honeymoon. Another set of drunken great memories!