Friday, December 14, 2007

Weekend Plans

  • Tonight is the "Sing Along Messiah" concert with my choral group. We just sit in the audience and sing Handel's Messiah with the audience. We aren't up on stage. I am kind of freaked out that I have to just go into the hall and sit down next to strangers and sing. WEIRD. I guess anyone who is attending will be people who love singing, so it will probably be fun. But still...strange.
  • I have a new babysitter tonight. She is only 14. She seems really great with kids, though, and lives almost directly behind us. I can see every window in the back of her house from ours. So, if there's a problem, she can just yell for her mom! And, she is unlikely to throw a raging kegger at our house, because her mom would be able to see it. And, also she is only 14, and if they are throwing raging keggers at 14? Then, I am officially screwed as a parent because holy shit! So..... YES! A babysitter scenario straight from heaven.
  • John is in Vegas all weekend on a Guard "assignment" (i.e. having FUN and socializing and "working" really hard. Rough life). I am just kind of sitting around thinking about everything that needs to be done for Christmas and considering starting my usual weeklong packing process. I am definitely getting a lighter carseat before I leave because boy howdy! I swear on my life I will never do this again. Also, my child is above the 95% for height and has almost outgrown her carseat (which was supposed to last until she was about 3).
  • I will be doing a babysitting exchange with a neighbor with two-year old twins this weekend as well so the adults can get out and do some Christmas shopping without any kids around and without having to pay a sitter. I'm excited about this!

Those are my weekend plans. What are yours? And, can you recommend a carseat that comes after the Britax Roundabout she is in now (she weighs 28 pounds)? Preferrably a lightweight one! kthxbye!

9 comments:

Tess said...

That Sing Along Messiah sounds like such fun! Good luck!

Jen said...

Aah, Vegas. My husband hung out and drank with yours last night.

I love the babysitter neighbor thing! That's what we do. Er, that's what we used to do. Our sitter used to live next door, so he could run home if there was a problem. Now he lives about 3 blocks away, so he has to call his mom if need be. But she is always there to help, so it is WONDERFUL. I hope yours works out as well. And, yours is a year older than my sitter.

I don't know about the carseat thing. We had to move Kate up to the next level of seat, too, in July. We have a Safety First model (search my blog to read about it), and I don't love it. It's very comfy for her, but I had to switch out the harness straps because they were too small for her, and the company had no other options for me. So, now we have our Graco harness in it, and it works fine. If I did it again, I would get a different seat, but I don't know which one. Sorry! I guess my longwinded story is just to say: put her in the seat before you buy it and make sure you like it.

Good luck singing!

Erin said...

Whoa. Sing along? It gives me butterflies in my tummy. Good luck! Maybe drink a little wine before hand and you'll have more fun. (Is that the worst advice ever?)

The babysitter thing should work out awesome. Just pay her and feed her well and she'll behave. Having mom right across the yard is the best case scenario.

Sioux said...

"boy howdy"?

im excited about our holiday haircuts!

Katie said...

What? People don't say "boy howdy?" Hmmm. Well, color me old.

I'm excited about our holiday haircuts, too, Susan!

Erin, I CRACKED up about drinking wine being the worst advice ever. That was funny.

Jen, that was NO HELP on the car seat! I'm glad at least our HUSBANDS are having some fun!

Anonymous said...

How was the sing a long?? Were you allowed to sit near other choir members, or did they deliberately "mix" you in with the masses? I'd have a nervous tummy, but then again, I ain't gotz your voice, kiddo.

Cis and Aaron are in town this weekend. Going to stay in today, make steak sandwiches, (courtesy of Pioneer Woman) and wait for 5 inches of snow to arrive.

Angie said...

I love my Britax so much that I wouldn't recommend any other seat. I know they aren't lightweight, but other seats I've used drive me crazy with twisty harnesses, plus they don't seem as comfortable. I have the Marathon, though, so it will last a bit longer than the roundabout. I think the next one up is the Regent. Maybe you could buy a lighter weight one that would work for air travel and then the nicer Britax for the car? I know that is even more money, but it might be worth it.

Andrea and Ben said...

HOPe the sing a long went well and the babysitting exchange -you have gotten ambitious now that you discovered it is easier with two you are taking on three!! Wow! Looking forward to updates.

Angie said...

Reading this again, I think Becca may now be taller than Ashlyn!