Becca is pretty much fully recovered, except for some fluid in her ears. We went to yet another pediatician yesterday (ours is on maternity leave). I swear this woman told us our child was never sick. She doubted she ever had a UTI. She doubted she ever had pneumonia. When she saw the fluid in her ears, I told her that it had been there for quite a while. She just kind of shrugged and said to come back in two weeks to be sure it is gone. So, stay tuned for an upcoming ear infection, high fever FREAK OUT. Can't wait.
Becca is back to her mischevious, smiling and clingy self. I would breathe a sigh of relief except for the fact that she WILL. NOT. SLEEP. I know. I know. The ears. But, still....I can't take it. I am somehow more tired now than I was when she was sick and I wouldn't sleep. She is waking up 3 or 4 times a night now. And, as I type this she is on another nap strike up in her crib, alternating between playing and yelling for the last hour. It reminds me of having a newborn in the house except that when she is awake, no one is allowed to sit still for more than 1 second. Also, my boobs are a lot smaller.
There is pretty much nothing in the world more irritating to me than a toddler who refuses to nap. Nothing. Not even puke, and I hate puke. I'd rather have both my arms plunged in a bucket of vomit right now than listen to her yelling when she should be sleeping. My blood pressure just gets boiling when she doesn't nap. Boiling, I tell you!
John says, "Just put her in her bed and leave her in there. Who cares if she is sleeping?" ME! THAT IS WHO. I care. I care a lot. Because I cannot nap, I cannot just sit and relax, I cannot read, and I definitely can't do chores when I know that she is NOT SLEEPING!!!! Also, when I finally get her out of her crib I am pissed. And, I really needed a nap today (see also: waking up with non-sleeping toddler all night long.)
Wow. Now that I've spewed all that venom all over the place, maybe I should talk about how I'm doing on my New Year's Resolutions.
1. No one can get sick. Current Status: Better, but needs improvement. Have a kidney ultrasound scheduled for Becca on Tuesday and also fluid in her damn ears and a likely future ear infection. No sleep.
2. Organize my photos. Current Status: Good! I bought a photo album today (will likely need at least 20 more) and started moving my digital photos over to my new external hard drive (Thank you, Jo Anne!) I can't believe I didn't have an external hard drive years ago. They are wonderful!
3. Get paid for being on the Internet. Current Status: What?
4. Eat more fish. Current Status: Haven't eaten any yet this year. Don't even have any plans to buy any. I did dump some ground flax seed in my oatmeal yesterday. Does that count?
5. New Resolution: Find a nursery school/Mother's Day Out for Becca for the fall. Current Status: IMPOSSIBLE. They do not exist for 2 year olds in the entire state of Maryland, unless I want to put her in a daycare center. I am not even exaggerating! I called a bunch of churches and asked about Mother's Day Out programs and the response to all of them was, "A WHAT?" I have asked mothers in my neighborhood and all I get are blank stares. Maybe I should look for some in Pennsylvania or Delaware. How do mothers in Maryland not need a day/morning out? HOW, I ASK YOU? Are they all super moms? Am I falling short somehow? Or, maybe their kids actually TAKE their naps instead of screaming and causing their mothers hair to stand out on end from their heads in a frizzled, psycho looking mass.
Why I Stayed Home.
21 hours ago