Monday, January 14, 2008

You All Get an 'A'!

I realized y'all didn't really have the full story yesterday. So, in case there are any readers out there who have the stamina to follow me a little further down Crazy Curtain Lady Lane (and if you do, stop by at the end and have a beer with me! It is fun on this lane!), here is the up close photo of the red valance material--it does have khaki and gold woven into it.
Here is one red one tacked up on the window so you can tell me if it looks retarded or not. I am not a big valance fan myself, but the thought of that many panels (8) in such a small teeny room that is often filled with kids who have chocolate-coated fingers, is just not feasible! But, yet....it feels naked without something on the windows...


The tie-up shades were just CRAMMED up there for yesterday's pictures. They are actually supposed to look less messy and more like this:

You may change your vote at any time! I appreciate y'all leaving comments yesterday!

The (approximate) results (including my vote) at the time of this post were:
Red: 13
Khaki: 3
Nothing: 3
Combo Red/Khaki: 7

I promise to not mention this again until the room is completed! Stop by tomorrow for something totally un-related!

12 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

I like the red; it adds a nice splash of color to the room to compliment your pillows!

Anonymous said...

I like NK's comment:

RED - but not with the floofy rolled crap at the end. keep 'em straight and simple.

Jenn said...

I love the valance material. And, I'll keep my vote the same.

Anonymous said...

Red :)

Laura said...

So much loving the red even more now that I see the pattern in it. Great find, Crazy Curtain Lady!

Sarah said...

I like the khaki - doesn't draw too much attention away from the room. I like the simple...

heather said...

I like the khaki... I think the red draws too much attention to the windows. Or maybe it's just that I'm not a valance fan...

Anonymous said...

I like valances, but I dont like the flat plane ones that don't bunch up a little. Just looks like you didnt buy enough panels. I like the style of the khaki curtain, but I like the pattern of the red. So I guess I am no help. Again no shopping in the great AK, and my brain is a little frozen. I say keep looking. Somthing will pop up and you will know that is it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the plane. I meant plain. again FROZEN BRAIN.

Erin said...

I vote nothing. But mostly because I'm lazy and nothing always seems like the best choice.

Otherwise Red.

Definitely not red AND khaki. That's too much for my brain to process.

Joel and Angela said...

So...panels are definitely out???
I am not much help. I change my mind too much.

Unknown said...

Still not a lover of valances but the print on that ALMOST makes me change my opinion. Still voting for the red.