Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Out and About


Ever since my whiny post last weekend, Becca and I have been staying pretty active for the past two days (Oh my god, it has only been TWO days? No wonder we don't do more stuff.) We have gone for walks, hung out at Barnes and Noble and McDonald's. Oh! I have found the key to having a quiet dinner out--go during the Super Bowl. That was awesome. We were the only people in McDonald's. But, I still can't let her play on the indoor playground. The germaphobe comes roaring out of my like a rabid lion. No way, no how. I can almost see the diseased snot covering every nasty surface. Becca doesn't even know that the playground exists and I'd like to keep it that way! Also new, I didn't get her a high chair and just let her sit in a booth. That was so nice. Sure, she stood up and smeared her ketchup covered hands on everything, but it isn't my house, so I wasn't bothered. It was nice not having to drag a high chair around and force her into it!

Yesterday morning was taken up with the photo stuff. Yesterday evening we went down the street to our friends' house (they have 2 year old twins and an older boy.) We ate dinner there and came back in time for bedtime.

Today Becca and I were up and at Target before 9:30. Then, we went and fed the ducks and geese again. Becca loves doing this. I may make this a weekly outing. It kills at least an hour and she is outside and happy. Today I wised up and put some waterproof/mudproof/duck poop proof boots on her.


She had a ball. I'm hoping she takes a really long nap, since she's been waking up an hour earlier than normal the last few days. And lord knows, after running around for two days, I need a good nap myself.

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like fun! I love that you are up and out of the house before 9:30. Wow how does that happen? I can't seem to get up and ready unless there is school. keep it up!

The Quinn Report said...

I think you should just give up on professional photography and do them yourself; you take WAY better photos than they do!

justme said...

you guys rock ! i need to do the duck thing...

Anonymous said...

I also find it very motivating to do activities if I bring my camera and get great pictures--like the ones you got of Becca with the ducks.

Andrea and Ben said...

The ducks are so cute! And Becca looks extremely happy to be there, that definitely needs to be part of your routine. Fun!

Jen said...

How cute! What great ideas. I'm going to have to 'borrow' your idea of feeding the ducks!

MaryB said...

We feed the ducks often also. However, my photos are not nearly as good as yours! I am such a terrible photographer. You, however, as stated by others, should stop messing with Sears and take them yourself. You have a great eye.

Joel and Angela said...

Told ya you could take better pics than Sears! I am so with you on the indoor playgrounds. We have let them occasionally, but it is last resort. We usually don't go to Mc's just so I can avoid having to tell them they can't play on the playground. Wendy's is a much easier place to go for us!
A

Erin said...

Awww. Maybe Becca can join me this summer for our annual round up and goose banding adventure?

Don Mills Diva said...

Sounds like you're having a good time. I love the pictures - feeding ducks is just such a childhood staple isn't it?