Thursday, February 28, 2008

Slumber Party

My great friend, Meg, came up on Tuesday (from Austin), bringing her 4 year old daughter with her. I haven't had a second to post because I've been engaged in a non-stop slumber party--adult, pregnant person style. No pillow fights. No wine. (Except for Meg. That bitch is drinking a glass right now.) But, with lots of delicious food.

Meg cooked us Pad Thai, and goat cheese, red bell pepper and jalapeno quesadillas! We have been eating really well, which is the only consolation for not being able to drink a bottle of wine by myself.

The girls have been playing like perfect little angels. They haven't fought one single time and have amused themselves and us nonstop. We haven't ventured out too much, though we did go to a lighthouse and a restaurant on the Chesapeake Bay and I FORGOT MY CAMERA. It felt as though one of my limbs has been severed. Tomorrow we may brave the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. Maybe. If we can convince ourselves it is worth getting the kids bundled up and out the door. It is just so. damn. cold. The wind is bitter.

The wonderful part is that it doesn't matter that we didn't shower or get out of our pajamas or leave the house all day. Having girl talk during every minute of the day is pretty much the best therapy one could ever want.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Audrey!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Audrey! We got the box of toys! Thanks! Great that you and Katie can get together!

Katie said...

Background: Meg is called "Audrey" because she first made the connection that my dad may be Clark Griswold from the National Lampoon's Vacation series (played by Chevy Chase!)

Anonymous said...

i hope that doesn't make you Rusty.

Jen said...

How FUN! How yummy that dinner sounds. Wow. Enjoy your girl time!!

MaryB said...

Girl talk is indeed the best therapy for just about anything!

Lucky you! Glad you are having such a great time. That dinner sounds incredible. Can you guys come over here to cook and gab? Im always in need of therapy!

Anonymous said...

hey meg and taylor!!

it was so cold today in worcester that my saliva froze to my teeth while smiling outside. ow.

Anonymous said...

hey meg and taylor!!

it was so cold today in worcester that my saliva froze to my teeth while smiling outside. ow.

The Quinn Report said...

Enjoy yourselves! Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!

Erin said...

This is going to sound like I'm some sort of alch-y, but I'm NOT. Really!

Not drinking during the second pregnancy is totally harder than not drinking the first time. Because, well, I don't know. Because toddlers drive you to drink??