What is happening here:
- My mom came back yesterday and will be staying for around 2 weeks. Since John is in Arizona for two weeks, this is just perfect. Becca and I had four days alone and I almost went crazy, especially on the day when she didn't nap well. Life is so much better with someone else in the house! I just hope my poor mom doesn't get bored. Afterall, there is only so much Cinderella one person can watch.
- Becca is obsessed with getting married. When we put Cinderella on she says, "I want the got married part!" When I put her shoes on she says, "The glass slipper fits! I got married!"
- The heat wave broke last night after a spectacular storm. THANK GOD. We can go outside again!
- We are trying the potty training thing again because I enjoy torturing myself. But, my kid can hold it all day long and we aren't having much success (not many accidents either...just, like...nothing is happening!) I am so tired of having to be on high alert at all times to make sure she doesn't pee on the floor, only to have NOTHING happen for hours and hours. This kid just doesn't really like to drink much. Weirdo.
- I skipped choir practice on Monday because I couldn't get a babysitter. The concerts are next week, and I've only rehearsed the music once and never sung it before. I guess I'll be lip syncing a bit.
- I could get a babysitter for Friday night, so Mom and I will go see Sex and the City. I can tell you we won't be emerging from a limo wearing stilettos. In fact, I will likely be wearing pajama bottoms, as I try to heave myself out of my broken-bumpered Honda Civic.