Thursday, December 25, 2008

More Photos

Poor, poor Baby Andrew. His mother has been using him as a guinea pig for trying to test out the manual settings on my camera. I am not getting very far just by messing around. I think it is time I actually TEACH myself something, or READ something, or oh, I don't know....LEARN how to use my damn camera, other than setting it to the auto green square setting. *Sigh* ...one day. One day, I tell you.

Jo Anne saved some of John's baby clothes and I finally dressed him up in them to take some photos. Unfortunately, John was a March baby, so all these clothes would have been worn in the summer. Oh well. That's what furnaces are for, right?
I love this little pale blue smocked "bubble" outfit. Boys these days just don't wear these sweet clothes anymore. Look how cute....
It just makes them look so much sweeter...
...and more innocent...
...and soft and cuddly....
No. Today's boys clothes are much more graphic and bold.
But somehow the boy still looks sweet and innocent...
...especially when you can see every bit of his chubby, baby goodness.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the "bubble suit" was a Texas thing. I'd be hard pressed to come up with any such outfits from raising little boys in Minnesota. . . though I do remember a lot of crotch snapping on Carter's knit one piece crawlers.

The Quinn Report said...

The bubble suit is sweet! I loved dressing Salem in them during summer time!

Unknown said...

Here in Portugal, baby boys still wear clothes like that. When I first got here, I was like, "is it a holiday?" A lot of the toddlers dress up like it's a holiday everyday. Can you imagine ironing clothes EVERY day (they are obsessed w/ironing here). If my girls wear a dress, it' usually a washable, wrinkle-resistant, 100% cotton type. Think, LLBEAN, Lands End, or Children's Place.

Cute pics! I too have to learn more about cameras. But, then again, I do not have an artistic bone or eye in me. So, I always think, "why bother, it's not really going to help me much."

Katie said...

I've also heard of those little suits for boys being called "John Johns" after JFK, Jr.

Katie said...

Oh, and ironing? HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAaa. I don't even buy clothes for MYSELF that require ironing. I can't imagine putting babies/toddlers in anything that would require it. How hilarious!

Joel and Angela said...

You picture are good Katie! My dad took some photo course online and got a certificate too. and the bubble suit is cute!!

Anonymous said...

John and Katie , both babies are so-o-o-o beautiful!!!!!!!! Thank-you so very much for the Christmas card and letter , Yes We All miss you guys so-o-o much , and Canyon has come up many times in our conversation . Wish you all a Very Happy , and Healthy New Year , God Bless Your Alaska neighbors , We'll never forget you guys , Love and Miss , Rog and Judy

Jen said...

I love those old outfits, too. It's too bad they are not available anymore. If I have a boy, I won't have any fun old outfits to put on him! I love those pics of Andrew; I can't believe how big he is already.

Anonymous said...

Andrew looks like my bigbrother.I've seen pictures of him in NYC in the summer of 44. Of course thoughs were naked baby pics.

Anonymous said...

Katie whats wrong with ironing? You say it like its a bad thing.