Sunday, January 31, 2010

Turning the Calendar

Ahhhh. Hello February. Can't say I'm really glad to see you, but I'm certainly glad to see January go. My two least favorite months of the year.
My mom was up for a few days. It was so nice.We went shopping and saw The Blindside. We ate out once a day and I totally fell off my low-carb, salad and protein-eating wagon. Here was my attempt to explain to Becca about "Eating a rainbow." She only ate the blues, purples and green. Then she had chicken nuggets and pizza. Bertucci's, Five Guys, Pizza Hut and McDonald's in a four day period--and we won't really go into the wine consumption. But we did do the 30 Day Shred twice. Mom got shredded. You should have seen Jillian telling us how awesome we are! How could she SEE us?
Andrew started drooling again this evening. Guess what that means? His fourth and final (for this phase) molar is on its way in. Which means my nights of sleeping well are on their way out. Lately he has gotten on the best sleeping schedule we've been on in YEARS, people. YEARS. I wake up rested, and HAPPY. I feel like some of my youth and vitality has been restored. I feel the gray hair production slowing, the face wrinkling abating, the frown lines lifting. I have been just truly happy. I don't even want to write about it. Just even typing this right now is guaranteeing a hideous return to 5 a.m. mornings. I am sure of it.

So, I'll write it really small. He's been sleeping past 7 every morning and taking one 2 to 3 hour nap every afternoon.

I know! I can't believe it myself. I am stunned every morning when I wake up BEFORE him. Refreshed. Happy. No one screaming at me. Light creeping in behind the curtains. How can I keep this roll going? Probably by NOT TEETHING. Dammit. I guess I better start making out with my sanity because it isn't going to be around for long.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Every time I think of having another one, the only thing that stops me is the sleep. I don't want to go back to sleep or lack there of!

Hang in there. If he does wake up from that damn tooth, it won't last. You will sleep again.

bevo said...

We had fabulous meals at your house, though... and didn't we just split a little hamburger at Five Guys and didn't we not eat the bun??

Jen said...

Yes, thankfully teething is (sort of) temporary. I am all for loading up on Tylenol and Motrin. Everytime they wake up, OR, everytime I wake up and think of it! Drugs are awesome. I hope he gets that tooth out soon.