I am not even going to ATTEMPT a recap of everything that's happened since the fall. Because, honestly, it's only 7:45 p.m. and I'm already in bed trying to hold my eyes open and I'm 100% positive my brain would have no idea what I've been doing for an entire school year anyway. Because brain is saying "GO TO SLEEP EVEN THOUGH IT IS 7:45 p.m. I THINK YOU ARE ELDERLY AND YOU MUST OBEY."
But, if I did attempt a recap, it would go something like this:
What I have been doing since October
- Signing my kids up for entirely too many extracurriculars, which results in me stressing out on three weekdays in a row about why I am not home in the evenings. Add in another night of my choir and I am really freaking going bonkers.
- Wondering why I did this to myself. Because wasn't I the one lecturing everyone about how kids need to be kids and just bike around the neighborhood with the other kids and not be run from one thing to the next?
- Ignoring last year's New Year's Resolution and continuing to "cook" the same crap week after week-- tacos, rotisserie chicken with stuffing, and.....um. Frozen chicken nuggets? Not sure what else. I think that's it. (See also: first bullet).
- Not napping.
- Spending too much money on groceries. Oh, wait. I've been doing that since....ever.
- Wondering why I spend so much on groceries when I make frozen chicken nuggets for dinner