Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Second Verse Same As The First

No change here. Car still jacked up. Ass still chapped. Temperature still sub-zero. There's nothing to see here folks, so head on home.

What? You're still here? Do you really think you're going to find this interesting? Because you're not. But, here goes anyway....

I broke down and called our flight doctor today about Becca's diaper rash that is showing absolutely no sign of improvement, since I know if I put it off any longer we will have a four day weekend of total hell--with no doctor or pharmacies available, since Tricare is oh-so-helpful if you aren't sick during business hours and I really don't want to take my kid to the ER for a diaper rash.

Anyway, this doctor is GREAT. I am so glad that we finally have someone that I trust! He said to bring Becca in first thing tomorrow morning because they are only seeing patients between 7:30 and 9:00 a.m. tomorrow because they! are! the! military! Screw! all! sick! people! He said he needs to actually see her because it sounds like a "super-infection" and then he said something about staph or strep, but I was too busy freaking out to actually hear him.

Niiiiiiice.

No problem. Except for the fact that my car is still BROKEN. It has a super-infection leak of the pumpety hose gear valvish thingamabopper. Bottom Line: is effed up. Antifreeze pouring out of that sucka. Still broken and shivering to death in the outdoor parking lot at the robber's...I mean....car fixedty place.

Becca took another nap on my chest today (melty goo), then was only awake for a short while before taking a very long afternoon nap. Then, she just wanted to be held until she went to bed with a 101 degree fever. I have no idea what is going on with her. She is very listless and has looked tired all day long for two days straight. That is one hell of a diaper rash.

Consequently, broken butt and broken car have left me quite behind on Thanksgiving preparations. That, and having to watch The Bachelor last night. Oh, and blogging. Dammit! We're having about 12 people over here and I've done zero to prepare. Stop typing! Must clean house and stuff. Stop typing!

Step away from the keyboard.....

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you called the doctor. Hope Becca heals soon!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you called the Dr. and are able to get in to see him. That persistent fever and listlessness would worry me to. As much as I hate it when Jillian or Gavin are sick, there is nothing like snuggling up with your child who normally does not stop moving long enough to say boo! I hope Becca gets better soon, and I hope the snuggling lives on! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope she gets well soon

Angie said...

Poor baby. I'm glad that you called.

Erin said...

so sorry to hear about the butt & the car. Hang in there!

Also, I wanted to answer your question about our camera, but I couldn't answer it on my own blog BECAUSE... while we do not have a separate atop flash for the camera yet, I just bought one for my husband's Christmas present!

It was way too expensive for a stinking light bulb, but hey, I think we'll get good use out of it. I'll let you know how we like it.

Katie said...

Erin,
That is the next big thing I'm saving for....I think it will make a huge difference in photographing faces indoors!

And, in the winter up here we have very little natural light, so my pictures are suffering!

Anonymous said...

Katie, please let me know how Becca is. I have my cell phone.

Jen said...

How did the doc appt go? Hope she is on her way to getting better. I talked to my OB this morning about Monistat vs diaper cream: basically both are anti-fungal and both should do the same thing. Huh. Of course, I doubt either will do anything for a fever. Maybe turkey will help! Hope she is better.

Katie said...

The doc took one look at it and said, "That's staph!" So, she's on penicillin. I was like, "STAPH??? Like what people DIE from?" And he said it wasn't THAT type...but a more mild thing, thankfully.

So far, she has had onen dose of penicillin and is already acting normal again. Is that possible?

Andrea and Ben said...

Good luck with the Thanksgiving preparations. I am so glad not to be worrying about it this year, seeing as we have no dishes and all!!

I am glad to hear Becca is returning to her old self!!

Jen said...

Staph? Crazy! Mmm, penicillin. That'll cure anything!

Have a happy turkey day! Just think, at least you have your own kitchen to cook in, all your utensils, and an oven that works (unlike 2 years ago!).

Anonymous said...

When the Dr. said Gavin had an ear infection, she told me it would be 24-48 hrs. until the antibiotic relived the pressure in his ear and the pain went away. I started the antibiotic that afternoon and he slept through the night that night. I was so happy the medicine worked that fast and we got to sleep that night!

The Quinn Report said...

Get your ass in the kitchen where you belong woman! Hope you have a great one. I'll be thinking of you all on Turkey Day. Miss you!