Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Winter Evening



We had the best dinner tonight, if I do say so myself. Steak aux Poirve, which is Filet Mignon in peppercorn cream sauce, broccoli sauteed in garlic and lemon, baked potatoes and spinach salad with pecans, blue cheese and a fresh garlic balsamic dressing. We washed it down with plenty of Merlot since that allows you to eat whatever you want with no ill consequences.


Ahhhh....heaven. I am sighing contentedly and lolling backwards, unable to sit up straight as I type. Ow. My neck.


Today I did something new. I went to the gym. I know, I know. I can hear the collective gasp of shock. It is only the second time I have gone in about the last two years. I never thought of getting a babysitter during a weekday before, but I did today. Why did I never think of that? I was able to work out, go to the grocery store and stop by work for a little while all by myself!


I begged our babysitter, a sweet, responsible high school senior, to return every week for the same thing. She said she had to ask her mom. Maybe $8 an hour isn't enough?! Maybe I act too desperate? Gawd.


I'm supposed to be working and instead I am typing another blog entry. This working from home thing is harder than I thought it would be. I'm very glad to have the opportunity, but I never, EVER feel like I can just sit down and chill out, because I know I could always be working. So, off I go.....work, work, work.


I'll leave you with photos from yesterday of two moose cruising around our neighborhood. It is always such a thrill to see them so close!

What are you lookin' at, punk?

4 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

Go Katie! You'll have to let us know if you're "feelin' the burn" today after your workout yesterday!

Isn't it amazing how much "stuff" we can get done without dragging our little ones around? I actually look forward to going to the dentist(well, sometimes) because it's "me time." It all sounds bad, but do you find yourself feeling the same way?

Jen said...

YUM. Did you make all that? Would you like to come over and make dinner for me soon? =)

Babysitters during the week are Awesome! Totally the way to go. And, I think it's a nice break for the little one, don't you think? Could be fooling myself on that one, but I'm running with it for now.

Andrea and Ben said...

Sounds like a delish dinner! I have a recipe for you :0) I would love to hear if you are sore after going to the gym, I am always sore if I have taken some time off. I MISS THE MOOSE!
Wow, this comment is all over the place!

Erin said...

Wow. Great photos. Hope the Operation Purge is still going well. No way I would have motivated myself to purge our junk if selling the house wasn't hanging over my head. Good for you!