Thursday, May 17, 2007

Packing Evidence

It is almost that time! Becca and I are flying to Maryland tomorrow and we will close on our house on Monday. The suitcases are out--all over the house and Canyon is getting nervous. She hates it when we start packing and ensures that her nose is approximately 0.002 inches away from me at any given moment, terrified I will forget about her (which is actually kind of possible) and leave her behind (which is what is going to happen). John will fly back later to take her and the Explorer on a fun road trip, fleas, tapeworms and all. Hopefully we won't have a repeat performance of this.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B: Below we have John, lugging what should be an illegal amount of luggage off to Maryland before starting his very first trip, flying the big airline-type plane thingies. He has landed successfully multiple times now and seems to be enjoying it. I'm already confused about where he is--Omaha? Chicago? Florida? Who knows. What I do know is that we will all be assembled in Maryland this weekend and moving in next week. Huuuuurah!

Exhibit C: Now I am down to the dregs. The part of packing that I hate with the heat of ten thousand hot burning suns. The detritus. Small little bits of things that are important, but misplaced and all jumbled together in a piles that make me want to throw everything I own in a dumpster and burn it. Except then I might wonder for the rest of my life what photos are contained in that exposed canister of film that may or may not be from the last decade.

At least somebody is relaxed about all this. Exhibit D: Becca sleeping in a stroller. This has happened....NEVER. This is the first time in the history of Becca that she was transferred from the car seat, to the stroller without waking up. Despite having been dumped in the cramped umbrella stroller in a crunched-up semi-fetal position that looked extremely uncomfortable.


So, until we get moved in and connected to the outside world, hold down the Internet for me!

8 comments:

Joel and Angela said...

I know you are so excited about moving in! WOW! A final destination. What is it like? Have fun decorating!!! I am looking forward to new house posts!

Jamie said...

Have a safe trip!

Jen said...

That does not look comfortable! How did her legs not fall off the stroller like that??

Good luck with moving! Can't wait to see photos and find out what color you are going to paint those walls!

Angie said...

Yeah! Moving in, finally. We know how it feels. Yippeee!!!! And you won't have to move out of this house in just a few years.

Tracy said...

Your writing makes me smile. I am excited to see the house. When is your walk through? I need you to come stay at my house every week. I seem to really kick it into gear and the house gets pretty clean!!

The Quinn Report said...

Best of luck..can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Andrea and Ben said...

Can' wait to hear what the travel gnomes do to you this time :0) Good luck, I have locked up as many as I could find to prevent the terrible deeds they were sure to rage upon you!

Kelly said...

Good luck with the move. It's never easy, but you will get through it and be so happy to have all your own stuff again.