Friday, July 07, 2006

Long Time No Update

I really did think that 2 weeks in Texas would be a nice long relaxing vacation. But it has been pretty much nonstop!

I can't even remember everything we've been doing! The big news is that I got to see my first movie in about 7 months. We saw "The Devil Wears Prada" and I LOVED it. I laughed out loud in between stuffing my mouth full of popcorn!

We are now in Austin at my parents' house. John, Jane, Bill and Tony flew in from South Carolina yesterday and will be here for a few days. We are planning busy days full of movies/museums/barbeque/swimming/baptisms. You know, the usual.

Becca is about to crawl. She is getting her knees up under her now and I'm screaming "NO! NO! Don't CRAWL!!!!! I'm not ready!" She looks pretty darn cute while doing it though!

Our neighbors were going to watch Canyon for the time we were down here, but on July 3 at abut 10 p.m. they called and said, "send someone to come get Canyon right now because our kid has to go to the hospital." The poor kid has an abcess behind his eye!! Our problem was that we couldn't figure out what to do about Canyon. Everyone was out of town for the long weekend, and all the kennels were closed for the day and not answering. Plus, I figured the kennels might be full anyway. We spent about an hour calling anyone we could think of! We finally found a couple who had just gotten back into town and were willing to watch her. They also have a golden, so it wll hopefully not be too hard on them!

This must be the lamest blog entry in history. But, there you go. Its an update, nonetheless!

8 comments:

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

NOT the lamest blog in history. Thanks for updating. I was worried about Canyon. I thought maybe her hip or knee went out. I'm sorry to hear about the neighbor kid, but glad that Canyon is AOK.

Girl, keep enjoying yourself... Soak it ALL up... The movies, family, friends, food and beer. Enjoy!

Andrea and Ben said...

That's crazy about the kid's eye! If the new dog sitters need relief, I am here and have nothing better to do than entertain my own dog, let alone another. Let me know! See you soon :0)

Anonymous said...

Eat some enchiladas for me.

Katie said...

I haven't eaten a single enchilada! What is WRONG with me??

Angie said...

You guys are making me want GOOD tex-mex. And, I've never even been to Texas!

Joel and Angela said...

Wo! I hope the kid will be okay! Thank goodness you were able to find someone to keep Canyon!
A

april said...

hey are yall still in tx? maybe we could meet up! i want to see your little princess!

Lysandra said...

I wish I ws eating Tex-mex right now...I mean stuff that I didn't cook!