Thursday, November 09, 2006

11 Month Update

I am in the process of switching this blog to the new Beta version of Blogger, whatever that means. So, things might be a little funky for the time being. I have been trying to post another video through Google videos, but it isn't working. So, you'll have to settle for photos instead! Photos of our little 11 month old. [Oh my GOD! How is it possible that she is nearly one year old?]

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

She is just suddenly doing so many new things that I can hardly scribble one milestone down in her baby calendar before she does something else. She has started clapping, waving, walking more, all but running behind her push toy and raising her hands up over her head when asked, "how big is Becca?" It also seems like lately she is really understanding a variety of words.

She knows what "NO!" means and will pause and usually stop what she's doing...unless she has her hand in the kitchen trash can, then she just smiles, laughs and continues on with pulling banana peels out and putting them in her mouth. I keep expecting to find her with some raw chicken parts she dug out of the trash. I guess this brings up yet another babyproofing problem to solve.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I love getting into things!

She loves board books (especially lift-the-flap books) and can entertain herself for quite a while pulling them all off the shelf and then paging through them. She has a word for book, which is really more of a sound than a word. I can't even figure out how to type phonetically, but it sounds rather like a closed mouth 'g' or 'k' and occasionally it has a 'b' sound as well. She adores Canyon and when she first wakes up in the morning she first looks for her lamb ("Bamb!") and then looks around for Canyon, saying "Kah guh." She still hasn't said Dada or Mama yet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Alright! Laundry. Score!

She still hates my new camera and absolutely refuses to look at me and smile when I'm holding it. Sometimes I can trick her, but mostly, she totally ignores me when I have it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I am an hour past my naptime.

4 comments:

Lysandra said...

She is sooooo big! I have loved watching her grow these past 11 months.

The Quinn Report said...

11 mths...Holy Cow! Time really does fly, doesn't it? Sometimes I wish Salem would stay little forever. Other days, well, they can't go fast enough (only the days I want to pull my hair--what hair I have--out!)

Jen said...

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow? I always thought it was stupid how adults said time went by so fast all the time when I was little. What were they talking about?! Oh, this.

Becca is filling out so much, turning into such a little lady. She truly is adorable.

Kelly said...

Almost a year....are you planning anything big for Becca's first birthday?