Sunday, January 21, 2007

Household Hazards

*Update at Bottom!*


1. The floor. For it seems to cause one to suddenly fall down and smack one's eyes on various plastic toys, giving one an awful purple looking bruise so one's mother cannot take one out in public for fear of someone calling CPS on their sorry ass.



2. Plastic dinosaur toys. For they make one think there is a cockroach on the floor causing serious hyperventilation. Also known to puncture feet when stepped upon in the middle of the night.





3. Bowls from Korea. For when microwaved, they spontaneously burst into open flame. I was microwaving some veggies for Becca in one of the handy tiny-sized bowls that I have used about 98 times a day for months when I heard this awfully loud buzzing/vibrating sound coming from the microwave. I looked over and saw a giant orange flame shooting out of the bowl. I take my veggies well done with a touch of carcinogen.


There's nothing wrong with the microwave....just the cheap ass Korean bowls. I performed a scientific experiment and came up with this formula. Cheap Korean Bowls + Microwave= Spurting Flames of Doom.



A shame. Because they are so pretty.





For Susan: I present The Bruise. It can be seen off the left corner of Becca's left eye. Seriously. It is there. Really.

8 comments:

Lysandra said...

That is so strange about the bowls. I have even used your bowls to microwave stuff when I am there so as not to use plastic and harm your biosphere...that is so wierd!

The Quinn Report said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! That is so weird that the bowls never flamed up before. I hate it when crap like that happens...especially when you least expect it.

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Hilarious post. Damn cheap ass bowls.

Jen said...

That's so funny about the bowls. I was wondering what you were talking about after I looked at your flickr photos...that explains it.

I would freak out about the dinosaur too - I have many times seen some small object of Kate's on the floor and thought immediately that it was a scorpion, only to find out it is not. Thank GOD.

Sioux said...

I see no bruise. Freak.

Angie said...

I think you are ok with the alleged bruise on Becca. Maybe there is metal in the bowl????

Lysandra said...

I am also glad that Becca doesn't look like scarface anymore. I kinda see the bruise. I believe you but it IS faint.

Andrea and Ben said...

I didn't buy any kitchen ware in Korea thank goodness! Are you going to keep the bowls?