Wednesday, July 11, 2007

And......They're Off!

We are leaving tomorrow morning for the beach. The Beeee-yotch!! Yippeee! How I LOVE the beach! Although, I've never attempted it with a toddler before. And you know how hard it is just carry all your own crap down the beach? How much harder will it be to carry all that stuff, plus all the toddler's stuff, plus the toddler herself, plus the bottle of Mommy's Time Out wine? I am guessing the answer is: hard.

However, I do not care. For, lo, I will be near the ocean, hearing the waves and smelling the coconut sunscreen smells. So, life will be good, no matter how sore my arm muscles may get!

We (Becca, John and I) are going with my parents, John's mom, John's sister, her husband and their two kids. We'll be in two condos in the same complex near Port Aransas, TX. I have always, always wanted to get our families together for a vacation. I'm so glad it has finally worked out!

So, do not worry about why I am not chained to the computer in my usual fashion. Because I will be out getting a pre-cancerous glow while trying to keep Becca from eating too much sand and tar. I'll be back early next week. In the meantime, have fun and save me some wine!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun! Went to Port Aransas (which is in a song by the way) for spring break one year. Nice beaches, cheap t-shirt shops, etc. Soak up some rays for us. 111 degrees here today so we're hiding inside!

Tracy said...

I am so excited for you. And if you let Becca eat the sand, food/snacks are one less thing you need to put in your hands and now you have a free hand for the wine. It is amazing how content the kiddos are on the beach. Don't forget the sunscreen! You might want to pick up one of those picnic blankets from Target that fold up and zip to be a square and have handles. It is a nice addition to beach blankets. HAVE FUN!

I so look forward to your writing, I am going to be anxious for you to post after your trip!

Lysandra said...

I can't wait to hear you be upset about how hard sand is to get out of the crevices of your human bodies...especially with Becca darling.

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

I am so glad you are going to the beach and that you have both sets of fam there. You will have a great time. The beach is hard, because of all the crap you need for the little one, but you will have plenty of hands there to help. Enjoy!!!

The Quinn Report said...

The beach sounds FAB.!!! I'm sure you will all enjoy yourselves!

I'm not too sure about saving wine for ya, but I can sure drink a glass or two for you!

Tracy said...

A little tip for sand in every crevice... BABY POWDER. If you put that over her body, the sand comes right off.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

How fun! I hope you have a glorious time!

Andrea and Ben said...

Fun, Fun, Fun!!! You will have a fabulous time and sooo much help with Becca that it will seem easy. Enjoy it and sip some wine as you listen to the waves for me!!