Monday, July 02, 2007

I Have Carpel Tunnel of the Upper Body

Do you know how hard it is to cover up this color paint? Because I didn't. I mean, I knew it would take a few coats. But, after the first coat of primer, it was still a dark greyish putrid mauve. If you ever tell your daughter she can choose the color of her room, I suggest taking this particular hue out of the running. So, to sum up my weekend: Becca's room is now pale green.

Unfortunately, it ended up more mint than the intended sage. One more coat might have helped, but I couldn't take it! At least it doesn't look like the Barbie Vomit Mobile exploded in there anymore. Now, I guess it is time to figure out what to do for curtains. The blackout fabric thumbtacked to the wall needs to go. I really want to do pink gingham roman shades ala Pottery Barn Kids, but those bitches cost over 100 dollars. Each. And we have two windows in there. Does that seem ridiculous to anyone?

Hey, speaking of Pink. I am totally in love with her new song, "Who Knew." I cannot get it out of my head. Maybe I need some primer for that too.

7 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

No, No, No....I LOVE THE COLOR!! I can't even begin to tell you how great it looks, for real!

I'm looking for something like that to do in Salem's room. Thank you for inspiring me once again!

Anonymous said...

Please don't pay that much for curtains! I will make you some curtains if you want, but $100 per window is just crazy for curtains. You can call me and I can make some suggestions.

Angie said...

I was about to suggest that you could easily find pink gingham and make curtains, but apparently, you can just have Meredith make them for you.

And, it may have taken even more coats to put that color on the wall. I would never let my child just pick any color for their room. Choices would definitely have to be limited.

Have fun figuring it all out. We don't currently have curtains on ANY of our windows, so we have plenty to figure out as well. Maybe a trip to IKEA.

Lysandra said...

Go to eBay...you will be able to find some pottery barn kid curtains.I can't tell that it's even green paint. It does look good though!

Unknown said...

I'm with lysandra. The color doesn't show up well on the photo but your lines look nice and clean. We still haven't painted (a year later). Waiting for Neal...so, I'll be doing it solo. We're doing green too but a brighter, granny smith apple kind of thing. Being daring too and going to attempt stripes. Solo is probably better as Neal's patience isn't always the best on projects. DON'T pay $100 a curtain!!!

Swistle said...

I KNEW the "rich, vibrant colors!" paint idea was a bad one! I felt like such a dork when I went with the second-palest shade on the strips for every color I chose, and my fashionable "dark red living room, green-and-yellow stripes in the dining room" best friend was so disapproving--but I was worried about exactly what you describe. The new color looks GREAT. (Actually, I like the old color, too. The only thing I don't like about darker colors is the painting/repainting problem.)

Katie said...

I know! The picture doesn't show it very well. I definitely wish it were a bit darker, but it is just not going to happen! I am going to liven it up with some brighter pinks!