Thursday, July 26, 2007

Trading Parties (or blah blah blah drink wine)

I finally decided what to put on that blank living room wall.
Before:

After:
At 10:45 p.m. last night I decided I just HAD to rearrange the living room RIGHT NOW. John was in the basement blissfully unaware of my plan. I pulled all that furniture out of the room by myself. Rotated the rug and then put it all back in different places.

I have always loved rearranging furniture. I used to do it to my bedroom every few months when I was growing up. I don't think there are many freaks in the world who do that as teens. There is nothing like the feeling of walking into a different room. I love it.

So, John came up from the basement later on and said, "Whoa!" I said, "Do you like it?" He hesitated and said, "Yes?" I reassured him that he chose the correct answer. This was my initial plan for the room, but he thought the bookshelves would be too prevalent and too junky looking. But, I happen to love the way bookshelves look! Especially when they are filled with books that I have read and loved!

And, now I don't have to buy something for that blank wall! John definitely loves THAT portion of this room re-do.

I just agreed to host a party over here. TONIGHT. My neighbor is moving tomorrow and wanted to get her girlfriends together one last time, but she has her house inspection tomorrow (it is on the market). I just casually and half-heartedly offered my house for her party...thinking she wouldn't say yes (because I'm sure I wouldn't). But, ummmm........she did. And somehow now I have 10 women who I don't know coming over in a few short hours. Then, John just called and said one of our friends is in town (at the Guard unit) and is coming over to spend the night tonight. So, I guess I better go clean up that newly arranged room. And every other room. I am such a doormat sometimes. And, my hip hurts from my late night freak session with the furniture last night.

12 comments:

Lysandra said...

You are a freak, but not a doormat!

Peregos said...

The room looks great!

joanna said...

I love the new room! (and I used to rearrange my room all the time too!)

Tracy said...

I used to rearrange my room all of the time too. I can't rearrange in my current house, so I just contract to move walls!
Since I moved from my moms house, I don't think i have ever been back where the rooms were the same way as I left them. I guess I come by it honestly. Did your parents move their rooms around?

The Quinn Report said...

The room looks great and good luck with everything or everyone else!

Can't wait to hear about the unfamiliar women coming over today!

Andrea and Ben said...

I love the new arrangement.

You are a 'yes' girl. There is nothing wrong with being generous!! Better than being an antisocial grump :0)

Jen said...

I think it looks great! I love bookshelves, too. I think they somehow give houses that 'homey' look.

I, too, used to rearrange my room a lot when I was little. My mother got so frustrated with me (I needed help!).

Good luck with the partay. Have some wine!

Angie said...

My sister used to constantly rearrange our joint bedroom. I would be gone for a few hours and come back to all of our stuff moved around. I hated it, since I was not in the decision making process. After awhile, I think she finally decided that she liked it a particular way and would never move it again. She had basically separated the room in half, where I would not touch her side of the room again.

I don't rearrange a lot now, mostly because our houses are usually too small to put furniture in very many places.

Oh, and I think you just like being a hostess. Though it is a little weird, I remember that you offered to have my baby shower at your house the second time that I met you.

Anonymous said...

Weird that she said "yes," but I'm certain that your very kind gesture is much appreciated. How was the party?

Joel and Angela said...

Me too! I am always rearranging! Joel will come home and wonder how I moved the marble top dresser down the steps...alone. When he is here, I have trouble taking the basket of laundry upstairs. I don't want to strain myself...ya know!?
Hope the friend get together went well last night!
A

Katie said...

I was drinking much that night I offered to have your shower, Angie! I woke up the next day and was like...."Ummmm...WHAT did I say I would do again?"

Unknown said...

You can't ever go wrong with bookshelves, right? Looking at all those books you've read and enjoyed...lovely feeling PLUS it counts as decoration? LOVE it. I'm the only non-teen-furniture-rearranger I guess. Came by that game late. Love to do it now but our house is arranged so that it's tough to do. Why do they build homes with 2 living areas? Seriously. My dream home definitely has one huge great room.
OH- I might have said yes to hosting as well but would be a total stress case about it. Have fun!