Saturday, February 16, 2008

Back to Life, Back to Realtiy

Everything is quiet around here. Too quiet. Everyone has left, and John has gone on a trip. So, it is just me and Becca here, whining at each other.

We had a GREAT week! Jane and John totally spoiled Becca with nonstop attention, lots of Smarties Valentine's candies and an entire summer wardrobe, I swear. I basically was relieved of any and all childcare duties. I don't even think I can remember how to bathe the child and put her to bed!

John and I skipped town for "Loohavul," Kentucky (that sounds so dumb to pronounce it that way) for a night. We stayed in a really nice hotel and were able to walk down to the waterfront to catch our dinner cruise for the night. It was a 2-hour cruise down the river, with dinner and dancing. We had a great time being free and knowing we could sleep in the next morning.
Unfortunately for ME, John woke up at 6:30 a.m. anyway, asking me if I minded if he turned on the TV (I did.). I do not know what is wrong with that boy, but his daughter must take after him (though she has been waking closer to 5:30 recently).

Louisville is a nice town. Someday I will return for the Kentucky Derby!! And, I will wear a giant hat and I will drink mint juleps starting at sunrise. Get ready, Loohavul. I'll be back.

6 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

you are so lucky to have such great family!! It sounds like you enjoyed your child free adventure. I haven't ever been there, but the Derby sounds like fun. I have always thought it would be a good time....big hat and all!!

Tracy said...

So when will Jane be making an appearance at my house??? Can she adopt me and my kids? I am sure Loohwhatever was a great little getaway.
John's hand placement in the picture of the two of you made me laugh!

Tracy said...

Wait, that would be his left hand on your hiney. I figured I should clarify!

Angie said...

That is the way to see the Derby. When we went, we went to the pit to view, where hats and mint juleps were not the thing, but instead boobies, and other stupid drunkenness.

Anonymous said...

John is a Military Man of course he going to wake up early even if he doesnt need to be anywhere,its in the blood,and then you take a nap later in the day.
sound like you had a gr8 time in Ken Tucky ( that how the people from the mtns say it)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Popped over from Great Walls of Baltimore...I am a fellow Maryland girl :)

Glad you had a great trip - always nice to get away.