Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Tropical Heat Wave

Lately it has been about 10 to 20 degrees F above zero! ABOVE!!!! That is about 40 degrees warmer than it was last week. That is the difference between 50 degrees and 90 degrees. THAT is a warm front. I don't care that we still have to wear hats and gloves on our walks, because at least we can take walks again!

Becca's cheeks look a mite chapped afterwards, but she's okay with that!

For the past few days we've been able to walk all the way to the mailbox and back. What a relief. I don't think I have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) but I think I have cabin fever. If I can just get out on a walk once a day, the darkness doesn't bother me too much. But, when its dark and frigid and we have to stay inside at all times, THAT bothers me.

So, this is great! I love Alaska again! I can go out crunching through the snow, Becca suited up and riding in the backpack carrier, Canyon romping ahead of us in the woods, watching the sun go down. At 2 p.m.

4 comments:

Lysandra said...

you crack me up!

The Quinn Report said...

I know exactly what you mean. I just HAVE to get outside at least once a day too. It just makes you feel so much better. It rejuvenates you!

Jen said...

Yay for both of you! It's no fun to be cooped up. Enjoy the warmth and the snow.

Angie said...

We have been loving the warm weather, too. Both Ashlyn and Ranger have needed to get out.