Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Props to the Peeps

Why didn't ya'll tell me about the thing called weaning? And the sleeping all night and the cuddling (cuddling!) in the morning with a sippy cup of milk while I watch the Today Show in peace and learn about organizing and not a drop of actual news? Why didn't I know about the sleeping until 7 or even 8 (eight!) a.m. and the no-crying before naps and bed time? I would have cut that little runt off a lot earlier if I had known about the bliss that is called weaning!

I will forgive y'all for not telling me about that because you did hook a sister up with all the organizing tips. First, let me say that those of you who log every expenditure? My hat's off to you because DAMN! You KNOW I can't handle that...what with the keeping of receipts and logging stuff and things that don't involve napping for two hours every afternoon.

However, I did get a basic theme from your suggestions (both comments and emails) about keeping an auxilliary filing system near the kitchen counter for filing monthly statements. I think I will try using a binder and then stashing that bitch under the cabinet so I don't have to look at it! Also, I realized I should not shred my credit card statements because I could deduct some of that on my taxes, which...you KNOW that is going to be fun....me trying to dig old shit out of that rusty filing cabinet. Can't wait. Good times await me on April 12 or so. However, thanks to your suggestions, next year should be smooth as silk! So, thanks, y'all! I owe you a cinnamon dolce latte from Starbuck's. You have to come to Alaska to collect.

2 comments:

Lysandra said...

I can't wait to be done breasteeding, no matter how shortlived it may be...

Angie said...

I have another suggestion for organizing. Friends of ours have been talking about Quicken. apparently, they don't even carry a bank book with them anymore. Everything is on this program. Allen tried to get me to do it a few years ago, but I resisted. I'm going to try again. At the end of the year, it shows you how much you spent on different things, so you can easily figure out taxes without going through past statements and receipts. You can throw them all away!