Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Hacked!


Look what I did! Well, some out-of-touch hairdresser from the strip mall with no knowledge of a haircutting technique called layering did it. I like the length, but I don't like the blunt, no-layers thing. I wanted something a lot more modern and a lot less like the haircut I have envisioned for my 2 year old. It is still a relief to have the long frizzies cut off, especially when living in a steam bath. It is HOT here. Temps in the high 90s with solid, dense humidity. Code Red Heat Advisory! There will be no walking any distance until this heat wave breaks. Instead, Becca and I went to Target to buy her a new inside toy!

9 comments:

Andrea and Ben said...

There are worse haircuts out there. I just recovered from one. It stinks when you don't get what you think you are paying for. if you hate it, go back and get it touched up for free. You can probably ask for a different stylist. I don't think it looks bad, honestly. I think that length makes you look younger!

Swistle said...

I love it! How do you keep it going prettily diagonally across your forehead instead of flopping across your face? That is the trouble I always have.

Katie said...

Oh, it does flop across my face. I just kind of pull it across the forehead and then tuck it behind the other ear to hold it there. Not exactly the best look, but otherwise it just a middle part and tucked behind the ears!

Tracy said...

I think it looks really good. Layers translates into doing your hair EVERYDAY. This way you can have a no fuss do until the fall when you can have it in another style besides a ponytail. It is DAMN hot! The car thermometer said 100. I didn't think I lived in AZ or NV?

joanna said...

I like it, too! If you give it a few days you might find it grows on you -

Jen said...

You don't like it? Before I read your comments, I was going to say that I thought you looked beautiful! (I still do, but am sorry you don't think so.)

That sucks about the heat. I hope it cools down for you soon. I hate the humidity of the east coast. I also hate the humidity of AZ in August, but I think mostly it's a relief from the triple digits of June.

Angie said...

I like it, too, but I would probably be bothered by the lack of layers, too. I need to get mine cut, but need to find someone else to do it. I'm hoping the salon down the street has stylists who speak English.

Anonymous said...

i think it looks good!

april said...

you are still so beautiful! even with a hack job, now thats something!