Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Shit I've Dealt With Today

In chronological order.

Exhibit A: Canyon's steroid shot yesterday made her drink too much and then urinate on the stairs before I could get up this morning.


Exhibit B: Canyon's nasty hot spot. Scrub, Squirt. Vomit.


Exhibit C: Frequent painful urination. I called different doctors and they all rejected me. John's doctor is no longer accepting new patients. Antother doctor accepting new patients, but only if NOT sick. What? You said only if I'm NOT sick? Why would I see the doctor then? WHATEVER. I started crying at this point.
Exhibit D: Permanent red and black Sharpie drawings on cabinets, countertop, love seat, couch and child. Happened during crying calls to doctor offices.

Exhibit E: After a trip to the urgent care center and the diagnosis of an UTI, the current active medication stash between Canyon and me. And no, the UTI isn't from what you think. (Get your mind out of the gutter!) I've been prone to them since I was 5 years old.

Exhibit F: Becca throws all her toys out of her crib and only takes an hour long nap in her crib. Luckily I coax her back to sleep with me in my bed for another hour and a half. This was the one miracle of the day, and I'm pretty sure it only happened because had it not, shit would have gone bad and FAST.


Exhibit G: Becca throws my shoes in her bath.


Overall, it was a completely horrible day. I cried about how I have no one I can fall back on if my two people are out of town (John and Tracy). And they are both out of town. The babysitter didn't answer her phone. The neighbors didn't answer their phones. I just felt alone and miserable and doing the pee-pee dance in pain all day as my kid was horribly bratty and my dog was needy and no doctor would see me.

However, it is hard to have a very long pity party when you have this staring you in the face.

13 comments:

joanna said...

I feel for you! The doctor part stinks. Needing a doctor stinks. The carpet cleaner looks neat - Magic Eraser might get the sharpie off, except from the couch... The first pretty drawing of a princess Julia did was on our bookcase, and our leather chair has been autographed by Holly. At least you're on the mend and Becca's smiling!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, do you want some brownies? This sounds TERRIBLE! I would TOTALLY have been crying when they said only non-sick people. And then getting off the phone and seeing the marker? O.M.G. NO PONIES.

Anonymous said...

Some day you'll look back at this and laugh (or maybe not cry)!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like Katie and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day! Hope tomorrow is much better for you all!

Clean 'Em!

Sioux said...

BECCA IS SO CUTEEEEE AND BIG!!! WHEN CAN I SEE HER????

Anonymous said...

Bevo stoled my response.

Angie said...

Thank goodness she did sleep with you. I'm so sorry that your day stunk. And, yeah, the magic eraser might work or acetone (nail polish remover, but check for what else it would do to your cabinets.) And, the non-sick people thing, sounds pretty ridiculous.

Andrea and Ben said...

That sucks! What kind of doctor will not see you if you are sick? That just seems wrong. Yor day sounds about as good as mine.

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

I wish I could help ya. The brownies sounds like a good plan to me. I would send you a six pack and a good movie but I don't think it will help with the UTI.
Keep your beautiful head up. It has to get better, right. Let's hope anyway.

Erin said...

That is an AWFUL day. So sorry. If I lived closer, I would have totally come by with brownies and wine. Or maybe tequila.

Hang in there.

Oh, and Becca: CUTE CUTE CUTE!

Jen said...

Horrible! Horrible day. I hope you are better now (I'm sure you are, as you seem to bounce back so fast usually).

And I can't believe you couldn't find a doctor to go to! Especially since you already knew what the problem was. A doctor who woudn't see a sick person...ummmm?

Anonymous said...

Bevo does not stoled.

Marie Green said...

She is heartbreakingly cute, but man, sounds like things are tough. I respect you so much for so merrily holding down the fort while your hubby is away. You have such a good attitude about it and you handle it so well. I'm sorry things suck so much. Can you sneak away for a pedicure?