Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Envelope Please....

The verdict: I'm in!

The chorus secretary called me today to tell me I made it. The first practice is on Monday and my first appearance in a gala concert (whatever that means and I have no idea what we are even singing) will be a week from today!

My next concert will be in November for Brahm's Requiem and I will also be a part of the sing-along Messiah in December. I didn't audition for the group that does all the popular Christmas concerts. (I might try out for that one next year.) The group I'm in will sing a few big ones with the symphony next year, including Carmina Burana and Beethoven's 9th. Those are the ones I'm really excited about!

Thank you all for your good wishes and messages! This calls for a Katie Celebration of chianti, parmesan popcorn and some good ol' HGTV.

16 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

I knew you would make it! Congrats on such a wonderful achievement!

Anonymous said...

Way to hook 'em, Katie!

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!

Anonymous said...

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! (and not the least bit surprised.) CONGRATULATIONS, KATES!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I am so happy for you!

joanna said...

congratulations!!

Tracy said...

Yeah, Keep up the good work! Way to follow your passions! You are truly an inspiration.

Angie said...

Yeah! Congratulations!

Erin said...

YAY FOR YOU!! That is really exciting. Now will you link up some singing samples for the rest of us to hear?

Marie Green said...

Woot!Woot! Great job! I'm excited to hear about your singing adventures!

Jen said...

Wow! That is so awesome! I hope we'll get to hear some of your singing on your blog...

Joel and Angela said...

Totally not a surprise to me!! You will have to let me know when all your concerts are, so I can tell Joel's family to come listen to you!
A

Anonymous said...

Super cool. Congrats!

Andrea and Ben said...

yipeee! That is wonderful :0)

Tess said...

Oh, CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting!

Unknown said...

Yeah for you!!!!