Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Master Procrastinator

I just realized we're leaving for Knoxville at the crack of dawn on Thursday for a family reunion with John's mom's family. As in, I only have one more night after tonight to prepare--and tonight is shot because I need to go to bed (see also: No Nap). Also, tomorrow night is shot because I need to go to bed (see also: Crack of Dawn). And, daytime hours are shot because I have a toddler.

Okay, so I didn't JUST realize we were leaving on Thursday, but I just realized the extent of my to-do list and it makes my head hurt. Why didn't I start that stupid to-do list YESTERDAY? And, why am I sitting here blogging instead of doing it TODAY? No one knows.

So, in the wonderfully lazy spirit of procrastination, I present more West Virginia photos! "For time is a river, rolling into nowhere...."*

My name is Becca and I am addicted to sippy cups.

* Steve Winwood, "The Finer Things" (Dammit. Now I have another one stuck in my head!)

6 comments:

joanna said...

do you ever watch The Singing Bee? How about 'Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin, into the future...' I'm so jealous you're going to Knoxville. I was born and raised in Oak Ridge and my dad lives in Knoxville... I love East TN in the fall. And I'm sure you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish in no time flat.

Tracy said...

So you should have stayed here? I don't have the Steve song stuck in my head because I am not sure of it. Damn, the John Denver song still stands.. "Take me home, to the place I belong West Virgina" Okay, I will stop. Good luck getting everything done.
Four outfits a piece, obviously many sippy cups, snacks, diapers, Lamby, pink lamb, hair ties (to avoid another big bang), and some sort of alcohol (packed of course so they don't take it!) and you should be good to go!! Good luck!

Lysandra said...

"Hi Becca"...that's what they would all say in unison at a sippy cup AA meeting.

Andrea and Ben said...

Looks like you finally got your family photo :0)

Jen said...

Love that sippy cups picture! You guys make such a beautiful family.

I hope you can get all your stuff done without too much stress. Pack while drinking a glass of wine. I think that's always the best way to go.

Jen said...

Lysandra - HAHAHA!