Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Where am I?

I know. I know. I haven't read anyone's blogs. I haven't updated my own. I guess normally I think I'm busy, but now I actually am busy. And tired. (For, lo, it is a concert week which means many rehearsals.)

Since this blog is just basically a forum for me to whine about how poorly my child sleeps, I will do just that! Last night she was up at midnight, 1:15 a.m., 3:30 a.m. and 4:20 a.m. when she was SCREAMING. And, here is the part that sucks about being married to a pilot--pilots have to get their sleep. Damn! So we both get all stressed out if we feel he isn't getting his sleep. I get stressed out if I think I am not getting my sleep. Just stress all around.

I took Becca into the guestroom with me where she just cried and cried for an hour. She kicked and thrashed. I gave her some Tylenol and finally, finally she fell asleep on me as I was sitting up with my back against the wall and my head dangling at a weird angle. Then, she woke up two hours later.

So. Now I have to go consume my body weight in coffee and figure out how to carve a pumpkin.

Speaking of pumpkins, I have a MAJOR announcement. I no longer hate Halloween. It is like a miracle occurred or something. I get to dress my little girl up as a ballerina. How can anyone hate that? Pictures will follow later! Have a safe night, everyone!

8 comments:

molly said...

ooooo, ouch. sorry about the rough night. emailing you back later today.

can't wait to see the pictures of the little ballerina!!!

Andrea and Ben said...

Have fun trick or treating! I personally love halloween, but imagine it is even better with kids. Carving pumpkins is my specialty, too bad I am not there ;0)

A Goldsworthy Note said...

I can't wait to see the pictures. Thanks for reminding me to carve my pumpkin. I love carving them, but I think that's only because I'll have pumpkin seeds to eat :0)

Anonymous said...

ACK! Hannah just went through that screaming at night thing too. It lasted for a few weeks, then she went back to normal sleeping. No amount of singing, rocking, books, blankies, etc would stop her screaming - I think those usual suspects the incoming teeth are to blame. This too shall pass(eventually).

The Quinn Report said...

Can't wait to see photos!

Anonymous said...

It does sound like teeth coming in - those molars can put on a lot of pressure as they come in. Maybe it's time for a few days of preemptive Motrin before bed. It sucks having to do that, but sleep is more important for everyone's well being.

Katie said...

Stupid teeth! I can feel a giant molar poking up in back. It hasn't broken the gum yet. I feel badly for her AND for myself!!!

Angie said...

My blog has been alternating between "my child won't sleep" and "why pregnancy sucks." Which is why I wrote nothing yesterday when both of us were in our beds, crying in frustration (for me anyway) for 45 minutes. We've been having sleep problems for nearly two months, though, so I'm fairly certain it isn't teeth. Just when I think we have it figured out, something happens, and I'm back to where we started.

I never thought about John not being able to help with night because of his job. It certainly makes falling asleep at the wheel a much bigger problem.

I'm wishing good sleep thoughts for all of us!