Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Whip Crackin' Good Time

John pretty much worked every day in the month of November so far. He is finally here. Home for a week. Well, not really...he still has to work at his Guard job. But, he was here today. And.....hoooooo boy! Did we ever kick some domestic ass. I won't bother listing all the things we did, but boxes were moved, basements were cleared out, front porches were Christmas-lit, groceries were purchased, food was cooked, stuff was taken to Goodwill, nobody napped, paint cans were hauled out of the basement, and, most importantly, kids and dogs were walked, bathed and watched by a parental unit that was not maternal.

Man. It is good to have a husband around the house. He was definitely the driving force behind getting so much accomplished. I am just not used to that level of activity. Excuse me now while I go pass out in the couch, wine glass tipped over on my lap, drooling on my book. Please tell me what is going on in the world, because I am too tired to read the paper or watch the news....

7 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! Relax! Sleep! Read!

Joel and Angela said...

Joel seems to give me energy to get things done too! And sometimes I just am glad some one else is there to share the responsibility! Oh....and he folds clothes way better than I do!!!!

Angie said...

That's awesome that he was willing to do so much when he's been working like that. Allen tends to want to spend a day lying on the couch. Or many days, really.

Erin said...

"kids and dogs were walked, bathed and watched by a parental unit that was not maternal"

hahaha!

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? I find that when Brett travels a lot for work, I really appreciate him more when he's home.

Katie said...

Angie--normally he would LOVE to have a day lying on the couch (who wouldn't!?) And, usually he takes a day or so recover before doing so much, but we have just been so behind in so many things that I think it spurred him on!

Tracy said...

You two could come over here and work if you feel like your house is in order and need to keep moving and groving! There is plenty to keep you busy here !

Anonymous said...

Yay for the saving graces of fathers!

You Hooked 'Em
Good job!