Monday, December 11, 2006

Greener Pastures



The worst seems to be over. We are all weakened and dizzy and a few pounds lighter (which, really...might be a good thing right before the holiday goodie season starts). I am on a total high right now. The high that follows severe pain and agony. I have been reminded of how good I have it! How wonderful it is to have health and the ability to function. That stomach bug left me some big-ass rose colored glasses!


God, that was really the worst weekend I can remember. At one point I even thought I'd rather be in labor than in the throes of a stomach virus--because at least it wouldn't last as long and I could feel somewhat normal for a few minutes in between contractions. Gawd!


Anyway, on to the next subject: Texas! Sunshine! Warmth! I'm packing my flip flops as we speak! Well, not really. But, I am writing "Pack Flip Flops" on one of my 32 To-Do lists. Becca and I leave early Sunday morning, which means this week is Travel Anxiety Week.

10 comments:

Sioux said...

Yay!! It's so cold in Mass, but there is no snow. If there's not going to be snow, might as well be in Texas!!

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Glad you are on the up. Have a safe trip to TX. When does John leave?
We leave for OH next Thursday. Looking forward to Xmas with the fam.
Happy holidays!

The Quinn Report said...

Hope you have a great time in Texas! Keep us posted while you're on vacation! You can't leave us hanging!

Anonymous said...

You may be landing in Austin, but the San Antonio group can't wait to see you all. It is warming up...not in the 50s, now the low 70s. I can't wait to stroll Becca.

Katie said...

I can't wait to stroll Becca, too! I can't wait to be able to take some photos outdoors with some natural light! And to eat some TexMex! And to see our wonderful families! Woo Hoo!

Anonymous said...

Kates - very glad to hear that you are back in the land of the living. Hope everyone stays well. Safe travels to Texas!

A Goldsworthy Note said...

Where in Texas are you headed to? Right now in San Antonio it is absolutely beautiful...high is 73 degrees, clear and sunny. But as you already know, TX weather is totally random.
It's good to hear you're feeling better. Last time I had a stomach virus I remember babbling that I wanted to die in between puking trips. blah.
Take care and have a great trip.

Jen said...

Have fun packing! And enjoy Texas - the sun will be wonderful for all of you. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hey bring a little bit of that cold weather with you to Texas. I am totally bummed that it will be near 80 this whole week.

Katie said...

80? 80 you said????????? Oh my God. I'm' going to lay out. "Pack Bathing Suit" just went on my To-Do list! wooooo-hoooooo!!!!!

Normally, I am annoyed by that. I really do love winter. But, I get enough of it up here!